The African Weekly Writing Contest is a short two weeks writing contest, set into place to encourage young and talented writers of every genre in literature. The entry with the highest views and 15% of its view’s comment wins the contest.
The viewers, basically are the judges. There is a reason why comments are necessary. Comments let us know if people are actually reading the content.
In essence, we are not just promoting the 1st to 3rd article but every single entry that will be published on our blog, letting writers know what people think of their writings.
The entries would be posted on this blog, and the links will be sent to the respective individuals to drive readers to their posts.
The first 3 rules are vital in winning!
- The most viewed post (article) wins
- Each post must have 15% comment of its views (comments are vital, strive to get a considerable amount)
- There will be a button at the end of your article after it has been posted, your readers must click on the button and skip the ad. We count that too!
- At least 300 words, if its poetry 30 lines would suffice, also 15 lines might be considered based on quality
- Posts can be of any censored writing content
- Must be saved and submitted in a .doc (i.e word) format
- Must not be plagiarized
- Must not be jointly Authored
Based on the button your readers/viewers must click, it is to enable us to generate money to pay you as a writer/contestant and also increase our prize money for upcoming editions. We’ll also include a message explaining what the button is all about to your readers/viewers in your article. This is a nonprofit contest/setup as there is no entry fee attached. Thank you
- FIRST PLACE: 3,000 Naira
- SECOND PLACE: 2,000 Naira
- THIRD PLACE: 1,000 Naira
The February Valentine edition starts on the 1st of February and ends on the 14th of February. Submission starts on the 31st of January and ends on the 10th of February.
The earlier you make a submission, the earlier we post it during the stipulated time.
For inquiries or sponsor, send a WhatsApp message to or text +2348102005064 or email email@example.com